You can use plastic cards for a whole variety of different applications.
With a premium plastic card, you can print advanced graphics of superior quality on a card that can last for a lifetime. Plastic cards aren't just about the visuals, however. They also offer you the ability to add a number of enhanced functions.
With so many possible uses for plastic cards, it makes good sense for businesses to be printing on plastic.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- You can prevent cards from ending up in the landfill by recycling old plastic cards.
- PVC cards can also be biodegradable after four years when they are in contact with organic materials (like composite and soil).
- If you want to show that your company cares about the environment, recycled plastic business cards are the way to go.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
To get more info on custom plastic cards and competitive pricing, fill in the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Plastic card printers can vary greatly in quality. It's important to know what you're looking for to get the quality of cards that you need.
We want to help you find the right printer at the right price! Plastic Card ID offers: Award-winning service from professional technicians
Shop the best printer brands on our easy-to-use website.
Detailed product review from other customers. Everyday low prices that can help you save up to 50 percent on printers. Trust our experts for knowledgeable support before, during and after you make your purchase.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Finding the right ID card printer can be intimidating – understand these 5 key factors to help get the best printer for the job. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most card printers are available in single or double-sided models.
Single sided are less expensive but require you to manually flip and re-print to the backside of the cards. Dual sided card printers are great for completing large orders quickly. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the most common and most affordable type of printer.
They require the use of ribbon that has panels made to infuse color on the card, however it leaves a small white border behind on each card. Reverse transfer printers, also called re-transfer printers, use a ribbon and transfer film. They give a higher-quality and full bleed print (with no border). 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print larger batches will need larger hopper sizes, faster print speeds, and high-yield ribbons.
If your company only needs to print small amounts, you can save money when you purchase the handfed printer or the printers that don’t require the high volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security When you laminate an ID card, the durability and cost also increases, but lamination may be essential if the card will be handled or swiped on a regular basis.
Lamination can also be used to add holograms for added security.
There are other ways to add visual security that are less expensive, such as watermarks, hologram stickers, and holographic cardstock. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers can be connected to PCs directly by using a USB cable.
When connecting to a Mac computer, make sure you have compatibility with a Mac printer. When it’s necessary to connect to a network with multiple computers, you'll need to choose a printer with ethernet. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is another term for an ID card printer.
PVC – or polyvinyl chloride – may bring to mind plastic pipes, but it is also used to make durable and reliable ID cards. This means that a PVC card printer can really involve any kind of photo ID maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC card printers can use different methods to transfer a design onto a card. Some of the most common techniques to print on PVC cards include dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
As the card is being printed, a print head with heated thermal elements passes on top of the ribbon then the ink evaporates on the ribbon wherever ever it’s appropriate, afterward the PVC card is transferred into it,
Dye sublimation is a term used mostly with color PVC card printers - when black and white PVC card printers are used, the process is referred to as resin thermal transfer. Dye sublimation is a term used with color PVC card printers. In black and white PVC card printers, this process is resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
The Badgy200 by Evolis is the most competitively priced option available.
You don’t need a dual sided printer to print on both sides of the card.
To print on a card back, you simply flip the card over manually.
This saves you approximately $600, which is the difference between a single-sided and dual-sided card printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy provides you with a turnkey solution for PC or Mac. Consisting of a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) for 100 prints.
In addition, a free card template library is available at www.badgy.com, where you can customize the template of your choice by adding text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more. PRINTING ON DEMAND The Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards quickly and independently.
Print your badges as you need them, as single cards or in small batches. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has an output of 95 color cards per hour!
You can also import data from a database and add information to your designs with a single click, then launch a print run of badges with one command, including variable data.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer produces customized plastic cards with professional-grade, full-coverage printing, emphasizing your brand image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is installed and used like a standard office printer.
The cards are loaded and retrieved through a simple hopper that is located right on the front of the printer.
With the Badgy Premium Suite Software, you have control of the printer from your computer through notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized.
COMPACT: The Badgy200 printer is unbelievably small, so it’s easy to fit anywhere in the workplace considering it’s not even as large as a letter-sized sheet of paper.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy allows you to print your very own customized badge colors, all with professional quality at any time you’d like! It provides a solution that allows the immediate creation of both personalized and secure cards that meets a wide variety of needs.
- A Card Printer
Instead of paper, you can print your cards on quality plastic!
- Print the amounts you want on whatever schedule you desire. Badgy is designed with the needs of smaller and medium-size businesses in mind.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The multifaceted Evolis Badgy200 system is quick and easy to install and is used like a traditional office printer.
- Its compact, lightweight design makes it optimal for any office workspace.
- Evolis presents the Badgy200 solution to help you print high-quality color badges with perfect ease.
- Badgy200 provides a solution for graphic personalization and instant card production, one at a time or in small batches.
- The Badgy200 color card printer is great for creating and printing personalized employee visitor and event badges or library student and membership cards.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- The included Evolis Badge Studio+ software enables anyone to create great-looking professional badges without any artistic or technical training.
- The Badgy200 is compatible with PC and Mac operating systems and provides the opportunity to create personalized badges in seconds.
- The Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software will enable you to manage your printer right from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- You can get a free card template library through www.badgy.com to personalize the template of your choice by adding photos, logos, text, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS includes all of the supplies and printer accessories you'll need to start printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, including Badge Studio Plus software, the printer driver, and card template
- USB cable
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is cost-effective and perfect for low volume card printing applications. This system a complete solution for both novice and experienced users.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio, that comes with card personalization software (which is compatible with Mac and PCs)
A consumables pack that includes a ribbon and plastic cards
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
Badgy features a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon reloading at the top, and USB and power connections at the back.
The print process is controlled by a combination of software and a simple LCD control panel.
Quality and cost-effectiveness Badgy200 creates full-color, photographic quality prints that cover the entire surface of a plastic card. Badgy is also capable of printing readable barcodes.
Regardless of how many cards you’re printing, Badgy produces are easy to use, offer top quality results and are incredibly affordable.
Hibernation mode kicks in when the unit is idle and saves on power.
Evolis Badgy200 Overview: This printer uses dye sublimation and thermal transfer to produce cards at 300 dpi with two million colors available.
In addition, it prints quickly with a color YMCKO print speed of 95 cards an hour and a monochrome speed of 325 cards an hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with Badgy whenever you need them, either in batches or one at a time: Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges